Blog Site

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Chuang-Tzu, or Why the Force of Nature Matters

So, I've posted many times now about the "Force of Nature" and how complex systems theory, the Taoist "Li" and the Stoic "Logos" are touching on many of the same concepts. But why and how should any of that affect our behavior or lives?

I just finished reading the Taoist Chuang-Tzu, which explains how the nature of the Tao should guide our lives, and it contained a lot of good points. Actually, that's an understatment, as I found it intensely thoughtful and moving.

I made notes on it, which are about 9 pages (from a document that was over 50 pages) so if you'd like to see what the big deal is, my notes give a glimpse - minus much of the beautiful wording and subtle detail...

Click here to read my notes on the Chuang-Tzu

Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment