Blog Site

Monday, March 19, 2007

Parenting Beyond Belief

Editor Dale McGowan has sent me a notice about a new book coming out soon. I get a few requests to feature things on my blog from time to time, and don't always respond. I have also had contact in person and online with many people looking for advice on parenting without religion, so I've decided to pass this along. Mr. McGowan writes:

I'm getting the word out to freethought blogs about a forthcoming book I've edited titled Parenting Beyond Belief: On Raising Ethical, Caring Kids Without Religion, which is headed for an April launch. An excerpt from the book flap:

"Parenting Beyond Belief is a book for loving and thoughtful parents who wish to raise their children without religion. There are scores of books available for religious parents. Now there's one for the rest of us. Includes essays by Richard Dawkins, Julia Sweeney, Penn Jillette, Mark Twain, Dr. Jean Mercer, Dr. Donald B. Ardell, Rev. Dr. Kendyl Gibbons, and over twenty-five other doctors, educators, psychologists, and secular parents."

The book's website www.ParentingBeyondBelief.com includes an FAQ, contributor bios, excerpts, and a fledgling discussion forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment