|(cc) Ossi Petruska (tiltti), Flickr.com|
"Walking with Nature" includes:
1) General knowledge and wisdom about nature (how the world works, including the ways of natural events, other people, and society) and acting in ways that are beneficial given that.
2) Understanding my own nature as a social and moral being, and acting in healthy ways consistent with that.
3) Cultivating greater consistency and ability to do #2 through mindfulness and practice.
4) Cultivating a love, wonder, awe, and appreciation for the beauty of the universe as it is and not as I would prefer it to be.
5) Acceptance that all things happen because of prior causes and every unfolds just as it is 'supposed' to.