Blog Site

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The spirituality of time management

(CC) alpha du centaure, Flickr.com
It seems like there's always way more to do than there is time to do it. It creates a continual, low level stress factor that's always running through every minute of the day. Surely, then, there is a link between our spirituality and time management. Such a thing must impact eudaimonia. I would write about this but I need to learn what to do about this problem myself before I have anything valuable to share. I've done a fair job of streamlining my life in the past several months, but I've still got a ways to go before I can say I'm living wisely in any sense.
What I am planning soon to write longer articles on include the following:
  • The Watchmen on fate and determinism vs. choice and responsibillity.
  • On Control: What does it mean to 'control' something? What do we really control and what don't we? Understanding that is key to the good life.
  • Objectivism, my 2 cents. This has been a topic a friend of mine, Art, has been wanting me to address here, and it deserves more attention.
  • The spiritual life and listening to talk radio: some cautionary notes.
  • Race & the Math: the rational/ethical approach to our treatment toward those of other ethnicities.
  • Synthophy at the movies
I think I'll cook up the second item for now, since that one relates to my recent attendance at the Houston Stoicism Meetup. In the meantime, any suggestions on time management are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment