Blog Site

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

This Saturday: Secular Ethics & Ancient Philosophy

It seems I'm going to be doing more speaking engagements this year. I recently was honored to present the Dharma talk at the Jade Buddha Temple in Houston, where I spoke about how Stoicism prepared me to better understand Eastern philosophy, particularly Buddhism when I first came upon it, and pointed out many of the similar themes between the two. In March I may be speaking again on East/West intersections in philosophy, but that hasn't been solidified yet.

This Saturday, January 21, 2011, I'll be speaking at 1:00pm, at the Bayland Community Center (6400 Bissonnet Street, Houston, TX 77074) on the topic of Secular Ethics & Ancient Philosophy for the Humanists of Houston. The event is free and open to the public. Please feel free to join us there :)


Subscribe to The Humanist Contemplative
Share on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
On your mobile phone: text "follow dtstrain" to 40404

No comments:

Post a Comment